The time you become angry, you start believing that your misery has been created by someone else. You accuse that person for all your misery. But by looking profoundly, you may understand that the seed of anger in you is the primary driver of your sufferings. It is important to overcome this anger and stay calm and composed. These anger management quotes will help you understand how to stop being angry? and how to control your anger.
Quotes On Anger Management
1. “Anger is like a storm rising up from the bottom of your consciousness. When you feel it coming, turn your focus to your breath.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
2. “Anger is an unnecessary emotion. Loads of stuff in life can trigger it, but what matters is how you react. I choose not to react.” – Nicola Adams
3. “Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before – it takes something from him.” – Louis L’Amour
4. “There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.” – Plato
5.“One of man’s greatest obligations is anger.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
6. “It is wise to direct your anger towards problems – not people; to focus your energies on answers – not excuses.” – William Arthur Ward
7.“Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.” – Mitch Albom
8. “Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you.” – Joel Osteen
9. “The greatest remedy for anger is delay.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
10.“I don’t think your ability to fight has anything to do with how big you are. It’s to do with how much anger is in you.” – Amy Winehouse
11.“He who angers you conquers you.” – Elizabeth Kenny
12.“Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath.” – Eckhart Tolle
13.“Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up.” – Mahatma Gandhi
14.“Life is precious and there’s not a lot of room for anger.” – Fran Drescher
15.“Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.” – Albert Einstein
16.“Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it… Don’t allow his anger to become your anger.” – Bohdi Sanders
17.“Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one.” – Benjamin Franklin
18.“You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist.” – Indira Gandhi
19.“Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one’s ability to persuade.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
20.“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha
21.“Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you are.” – Cherie Carter-Scott
22.“Sometimes when I’m angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.”
23.“The opposite of anger is not calmness, its empathy.” – Mehmet Oz
24.“Anger is like those ruins which smash themselves on what they fall.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
25.“I think, often, when you are in just a lot of pain, it comes out as anger.” – Nell Hudson
26. “The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.” – Barbara De Angelis
27.“Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy.” – Aristotle
28.“Anger is a great force. If you control it, it can be transmuted into a power which can move the whole world.” – William Shenstone
29.“Anger has a way of seeping into every other emotion and planting itself in there.” – Dane Cook
30.“Anger can be a useful emotion; it’s built into our genetic code to help with self preservation. But it can also be destructive, even when it is justified.” – Michael Hayden
Indeed, there is no better day than today to start a new habit. And the best habit you can get started on today, is the habit of managing your anger.
May these quotes on anger management serve you in treating and controlling your anger. Let them guide you in forgiving yourself and becoming your best. Self help always play an important role in anger management you can learn about Self Improvement from SelfGrowth.com .
Do you have a favorite anger management quote?
P.S If you enjoyed these anger management quotes, consider being that friend who supports and encourages success in others, by sharing it with them.
Like This Post?
START TAKING ACTION TOWARDS YOUR DREAMS!